The west region currently has more than 200 people and is generating nearly $30M in annual revenue. One key goal for this individual is to design and execute a plan for accelerating growth to reach $60M in revenue by the end of 2016. Another critical goal is for this individual will be to drive growth in net operational profit margins across the region. At the same time, it will be important that this individual have the ability to don the corporate hat and deliver on broader corporate objectives when required. This individual should bring a solutions mindset, always delivering a possible solution to any problem being shared up the chain of command and requiring the same type of attitude of his or her subordinates.
We are seeking an individual who has had a strong track record of successful P&L management, personnel management and leadership experience. Candidates must possess the confidence to roll up their sleeves and grow the business. Working across vast distances, corporate objectives and rapidly changing technologies are just some of the challenges for this person to overcome, but the right mix of insight, enthusiasm and focus will help put this person in a place to be a corporate hero.
Personal character, a desire to grow a business, and a passion for leadership will be crucial for success in this role. The company needs a strong cultural mentor, who will connect with the people in this region and initiate critical conversations about leadership, performance, long range planning, and training. Ultimately, this role will be filled with a tough-minded leader with experience, confidence and innate ability to manage people and processes with focus, clarity, and directness while maintaining a consistent, knowledgeable and focused approach with customers.
Specific Responsibilities & Objectives:
- Drive improved performance and growth for the region’s P&L.
– Report to the executive management team performance progress, plans, strategies, and market opportunities.
– Recruit, retain, mentor and train exceptional staff to ensure accomplishment of objectives.
– Utilize creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in targeting development objectives.
– Make authoritative decisions about people, projects and investments.
– Directly pursue or coordinate the pursuit of large project opportunities.
– Serve as client interface when necessary to help secure work.
– Identify training needs and ensure that an ongoing program of training is executed.
– Leverage corporate wide support tools to improve performance and staff development.
– When necessary, assist in the coordination of resources across the group to ensure optimal resource utilization.
Preferred Experience & Education:
- BS in Civil Engineering with 15+ years of experience
– MS, PhD in Civil Engineering or an MBA are desirable
– Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) strongly preferred
– A technical professional with a verifiable track record of leading similar organizations
– An industry professional who has successfully managed a $10M or more profit and loss
– Experience developing strategies and executable plans for improved business unit performance
– A leader experienced with the direct supervision of experienced technical staff
– Demonstrated ability to establish and grow strategic accounts in the region
– Experience in improving bottom-line margin growth and managing profitability
Specific Leadership Competencies Required:
- Ability to Create and Deliver a Winning Vision
– Implement Strategy
– Manage Multiple Locations
– Will To Win
– Master Coach / Mentor
– Team Builder / Team Player
– Servant Leader