Our client is a leading global provider of power generation solutions and manufactures a significant array of equipment and components. Our client has a suitable product solution for every application in the power equipment industry. The power generation division is a multinational operation with a significant global presence. Its North American regional company is searching for an experienced leader to head the company’s North American operations. Due to major growth plans, the company now seeks a leader who will build upon the global success of the business by making strategic, long-term contributions to the North American business.
As the Managing Director this executive must provide leadership to position the firm as a leading supplier of engine and machinery and services in North America. The Managing Director will work closely with the company’s board to align the business for maximum success while upholding the firm’s long-held, core values. This individual will serve as the visible lead manager of the North American business and foster a business environment that is both nurturing internally and competitive with the market externally. The Managing Director will develop intimate B2B relationships with key executives with customers and partners.
Ultimately, the Managing Director will be responsible for identifying and implementing sound, profitable business strategies and best practices for the region. This individual must be hands-on. He or she will set short and long term goals and define the strategies and design the roadmap for achieving them. He or she will be directly involved in the design and implementation of all sales and marketing plans for each business line. The Managing Director will be directly involved in preparing budgets for approval by the board.
This Managing Director will drive the business on many levels and will assess the talent in the region’s various departments ultimately making any necessary, critical personnel decisions that will directly impact the future, long-term success of the business. He or she will conduct routine meetings with Vice Presidents and department heads to review the corporate goals and clearly communicate the target objectives.
The successful candidate must be able and willing to travel frequently to visit customers and potential work sites and to directly build relationships with customers and partners. This executive must have proven experience working in a fast-paced environment while still maintaining a high level of personal excellence and expecting the same standards to be upheld by all team members. He or she must set the bar for the business and must build a collaborative, cohesive leadership team.
- Lead the entire North American business and serve as North America’s most highly visible company executive with customers and partners.
– Work closely with the company’s board to design the North American business plan including short and long-range goals. The Managing Director will design North America’s strategic road map – incorporating all budgeting and milestones – and then lead the plan to successful implementation.
– Work with direct reports and Vice Presidents to devise and implement departmental goals and continually drive them to adhere to excellence in all phases of the business.
– Develop and oversee sales and marketing plans.
– Lead the preparation of all budgets for board approval which includes special program funding.
– Assess talent across the entire regional business and establish go-forward plan with respect to mentoring and monitoring key staff and measuring and evaluating their performance according to mandated standards. Establish succession plans for VP roles and continually groom new talent for future development and leadership assumption.
– Meet on a routine basis with the regional and corporate leadership teams to review activity and financial performance and compare them with the targeted business plan.
– Meet on a regular basis with key customers, partners and vendors. Continually serve as a visible and accessible resource for them at all times.
– Establish quality protocol and meet regularly to review and re-review standards as necessary.
Skills / Abilities/ Knowledge:
- Proven, visible, open, and engaging leadership style.
– Proven experience designing and executing complex business strategies.
– Ability to multi-task.
– Ability to manage a flat organization.
– Strong familiarity with power generation.
– Must possess the highest caliber organizational, planning, and supervising skills.
– Must be proficient and experienced in developing comprehensive reports.
– Must be decisive and able to make timely yet informed, sound business decisions.
– Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and be a clear, strategic thinker.
– Ability to interpret complex data and translate it into actionable, profitable business results.
– Ability to uphold the highest ethical standards. Must be an executive of high integrity.
– Strong business acumen and financial savvy.
– Results-driven but not at the expense of company values.
– Effective, professional negotiation skills.
– Intimate knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and objectives.
Experience / Education:
- BS/BA degree in Business or Engineering; Master’s degree is highly preferred.
– A minimum of twenty (20) years in power or other heavy equipment industries, including a minimum of ten (10) years of experience running businesses with direct P&L responsibility.
– Experience working for multinational companies is highly preferred.
– A proven track record of devising, implementing, and achieving corporate goals is required.
– Must possess the highest levels of competence in strategic thinking and business planning, innovative thinking, and strong experience in human resources and leadership development.
This position reports to the company’s board.
- Highly competitive but commensurate with experience.
– Performance based incentive program.
– Exceptional benefits package.
– Clear Thinker