Our client is known for its successful design, erection, repair, and modification of heat rejection systems worldwide. This company specializes in innovative design and engineering solutions for heat rejection needs, providing cooling systems and heat rejection solutions to owners, operators, and developers of power and process plants worldwide. The company has developed a global network of local partners and sales representatives who provide the cultural understanding and knowledge necessary to do business in virtually any country. Possessing a group of engineers who are constantly challenged to find innovative solutions to complex cooling and environmental problems, our client is a global leader in heat rejection systems. The company also offers an extensive array of aftermarket services, including inspections to evaluate risk factors and give recommendations to prevent catastrophic structural failure in older existing structures.
Reporting to the Division President of a multi-billion dollar international corporation, the President & CEO manages, directs, and controls the business to maximize profitability and long-term return on investment by developing plans and objectives that carry out the company’s business strategy. This key executive will be responsible for developing and implementing an approach which capitalizes on marketing opportunities, quality of service, product cost, and encourages new product development. Directing the company’s recruiting and retention efforts, the President & CEO will also be responsible for the development of a properly selected, trained, and motivated team of employees.
- With the advice of the members of senior management, develops the basic strategies, objectives, policies, and operating plans of the business; leads efforts to maximize profitability by addressing marketing opportunities, quality of service, cost, and return on investment.
- Insures the adequacy and soundness of the company’s financial structure. Analyzes operating results of the company relative to established objectives and insures that appropriate steps are taken to correct any unsatisfactory conditions or results. Reviews projections of the company’s working capital requirements. Presents and implements annual operating and capital expenditure budgets and submits financial statements for review as required by corporate headquarters.
- Formulates and implements procedures and systems to insure that strong margins are maintained during the execution of projects.
- Insures that product development and cost reduction programs on existing products are conducted to meet customer needs and company profit objectives.
- Plans for the development of personnel resources within the company and maintains programs which will encourage successful future selection, training, and motivation of employees to foster an environment of teamwork. Establishes and maintains effective management systems and communications throughout the company. Insures that corporate policies are uniformly understood and properly interpreted and administered by subordinates; reviews and approves proposed internal policies of the company.
- Prescribes the specific limitations of the authority of subordinates regarding policies, contractual commitments, expenditures and personnel actions. Reviews and approves the appointment, employment, promotion, transfer or termination of all employees. Insures the adequacy and proper utilization of the services provided by individual departments and resolves any conflicts arising between departments.
- Represents the company as appropriate in its relationships with major customers, suppliers, commercial and investment bankers, government agencies, professional associations, and similar groups.
Experience / Education Required:
- Five (5) years as the CEO, general manager, or president in a small to medium size company in power industry or related field – or – ten (10) years of experience as senior vice president (marketing or operations) in a medium to large company in the power industry or related field.
- Bachelor of Science degree from a reputable college or university. Technical bachelor’s degree and MBA preferred.
- Must possess significant contract negotiation experience and extensive marketing and financial management experience.
- International business experience preferred.